Monday, July 20, 2009

Cake Classes at Michael's


With Jack's birthday fast approaching I find myself enrolled in cake classes to learn the basic skills of decorating cakes. After the stress of the first class and all the pre work I wonder how I got myself into this situation. Somewhere somehow I have come up with the conclusion that a good mother would make their child's first birthday cake from scratch. It took me three days just to bake and frost the cake to go to class. Although I am learning a lot of tricks I never knew before, I am coming to the realization that this may never be a skill I will posses. Luckily I do get to spend time with my friend Lindsey so it is not a total wash, if I never catch on.
I no longer think a good mother needs to know how to bake or frost a cake!

No comments: