Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fondant and Gum Paste Final Project

This just in! I graduated from my fondant and gum paste class last night...... I would like to say that it was a big achievement but everyone passes with a certificate. We were required to bring a cake to decorate as our last and final project. The cake I brought was lop sided and I still passed if that gives you any idea of how hard this class was. Here are some pictures of my final lop sided cake....


Things I have learned about fondant:

Your frosting needs to be perfect even though you cover it as it shows every crease.
Making marshmallow fondant will actually allow people to eat it and not have to remove it. (Wilton's fondant tastes terrible!)
It hardens and dries out within minutes of being exposed to air.
You have to have strong hands to kneed it and keep it ply able.
It makes a crappy cake look fabulous!

No comments: