Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Waiting Game

I will be the first to admit one of my biggest flaws is patience. I have periods of great triumph and periods of pure craziness. I have never been a patient person but it is something I try to work on. I realize things and people do not move as fast as I would like them to. I could name a few people at work that could use a turbo boost, not naming names here.

So to the root of my patience currently being tested .......I can't promise I wont be annoying or talk about it daily until the day is upon us but here it goes.

Jack had his DR. apt on Monday it took me calling Tues, Wed, and Thursday morning to confirm the referral paper work had been sent to Children's Hospital and to get the name of the doctor who we are to see. Victory hit on Thursday afternoon with a call back from the doctor and the name. Persistence my friend! I called Children's to wait on hold for 15 minutes........ Needless to say my finger nails are gone. I think biting my nails is so gross but when I am impatient my nails suffer! Break through someone picks up the line and gets all our information, she then checks the referral Jack's doctor sent over to confirm when he needs to be seen. She says that our doctor thought Jack needed to be seen at their next available apt. Then she drops the bomb on me..... " Our next opening is November 18" WHAT! Patience Patience...

I tell her that seems to far away and could we go to another hospital for these tests. What else can I do to get him in sooner? NOTHING. I am being tested yet again to learn patience and to be still. I already know a count down has started. I am the type of person who lives by a clock, expect in the mornings Robert reminds me... I feel like accepting an apt so far away means I am not advocating enough for my son. Wouldn't a good mother scream in the phone and call daily to get his apt moved up? I did ask to be put on the stand by list and to call night or day if they can get him in sooner.

Patience I am learning to be patient.

No comments: