Monday, March 1, 2010

Mailing your pee.....

Yep that is right I said it!

I have had a lot of not so comfortable pretty invasive exams lately. I have to say having a urologist for a doctor makes life interesting to say the least. If only I had a picture of the torture chair that they hide in their back room and dont warn you about till you walk in for the appt and are trapped. SCARY is all I can say, I think most grown men would cry at the very sight of it. I can't blame them as I myself was caught off guard and had my fair share of complaints! I feel as though I handled it pretty well as anyone could have with a catheter being put in first thing in the morning (no coffee needed). I'd also like to give myself some credit when it came to staying home all last weekend to measure all fluids in and all fluids out for a 48 hour period. Um YUK!
This weekend I had the pleasure of saving my pee for 24 hours why you ask.... So I can mail it to Chicago! WHAT I myself have never been to the city of Chicago and after all these appts this is what is bothering me the most! My pee gets to travel where I myself have never been and to be steps closer to seeing Oprah (not likely). Robert thinks it is pretty comical that this is what upsets me after all we have been through these last few weeks. But seriously the idea of mailing your pee to a city you have never been is just plain odd! Who decided to go to school for these kinds of jobs? The last few weeks have been nothing short of a hilarious comedy in our house. We are thinking we could be the next reality stars.

No comments: